Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Midway Musings

At the start of winter break, many people asked how my first semester of grad school had gone.  Following the hectic final two weeks, I rarely had the energy to elaborate beyond "good."  Now that I've had a few days to do absolutely nothing relax, it seems like a perfect time to look back at the past few months and reflect on why I felt so busy all of the time!

Who says grad school doesn't have field trips?!  Here are just a few of the sites I visited this semester:


Of course you can't forget about classes, here's a selection of some of my projects:

There was plenty to do outside of the classroom as well:
Media Credit: Adrian Petry

Of course, midst all this hard work I still found time for game nights, homecoming parties, trivia nights, birthday celebrations, and general shenanigans with the rest of the #phgp (public history group people.)


Winter break doesn't mean I'm going to completely slack off from my scholarly duties.  Here are a few of the things I hope to accomplish:
  • Internship search
  • French flashcards
  • Blog Posts
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, and those in academia are enjoying a much deserved break!

1 comment:

  1. I know! When I went to your site to copy the address, I realized...oh hey. This is the same post. We were clearly meant to work together.

    ReplyDelete